Monday, November 22, 2010

Songbirds

I was inspired by Renee at Shabby, Chic & Charming wth her adorable burlap, bird Christmas ornaments. You should check out her blog and see all of her beautiful projects.

I created my own bird ornaments using a small piece of cardboard, that came with a lamp kit, and more vintage sheet music.



Here is the piece of cardboard that the birds started as. I am not sure why I am including this photo...maybe just to show that even a piece of rubbish like this can become something beautiful with a little imagination!



I drew the bird shapes on the cardboard and then cut them out and used Modge Podge to decoupage the sheet music to the front and back of the cardboard. I attached a delicate gold thread and shredded the wings and tail feathers.





My sweet sister, Emily, gave me these ceramic, bird ornaments a few months ago. My whole family loves garage sales and they are always finding things for me that they think I can fix up. Well, I finally transformed these little birdies in time for Christmas.



I painted them a creamy white and sprinkled them with white and gold glitter.





Here are all the birdies together in a tree!


I know I have been doing a lot of little Christmas decoration posts, but that is what I have been busily working on. I promise to have more big projects coming up! I am going to be starting my first upholstery attempt with two antique chairs over the Thanksgiving holiday. Wish me luck!



12 comments:

Deborah said...

I think I hear birds singing! :)
These are so cute Amanda!
Great job you've done...
Ok..good luck on the two chairs..I cant wait to see them!
Happy Thanksgiving!!

Deborah xoxo

Renee {Shabby, Chic and Charming} said...

Hey friend, I am beyond honored to be mentioned on your blog! You are so talented and I consider it high praise indeed.

Your birds are just lovely and I love the spray painted ones too.

Jill said...

Love those birds~ all of them! I especially love the new look you gave those garage sale finds. Such a dramatic difference!

Unknown said...

wow....... very beautiful

Emily said...

I want one of the cardboard ones! So cute! I also like what you did with those hideous garage sale birds. :)

julie said...

HI Amanda, I'm happy you discovered my blog, for now I am delighted to have discovered yours as well. I love these sweet little birds. I have lots of vintage sheet music and this would be a great project to put that to use. Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving. Looking forward to seeing more of your creations! ~ Julie (eab designs)

MiniBinoy said...

wow!! both the paper as well as the ceramic birds look divine!!!great idea Amanda!!

Mike said...

In a weird way I actually like the paper birds more. I just think they look more unique. You know when you look at paper birds that someone want out of their way to make them. I also like the idea of you using music sheets. That just makes the paper birds look more unique.

ekhtsasy said...

شركة مكافحة النمل الابيض
شركة تنظيف مسابح بالرياض
شركة تخزين عفش بالرياض
شركة رش مبيدات بالرياض
شركة كشف تسربات بالرياض
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالرياض
شركات تنظيف المجالس بالبخار
تنظيف واجهات حجر بالرمل
شركة تنظيف
نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركة تنظيف منازل بجدة
شركة تنظيف فلل بجدة
شركة تنظيف فلل بالدمام

ekhtsasy said...

شركة تنظيف شقق بجدة
شركة تنظيف بجدة
شركة تنظيف بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة
شركة مكافحة حشرات بجدة
--------------
شركة تنظيف خزانات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض
شركة تنظيف بالرياض
شركة تنظيف شقق بالرياض
شركة نقل اثاث بالرياض
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالرياض

ekhtsasy said...

شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بجدة
شركة مكافحة حشرات بجدة
شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام
شركة جلي بلاط بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالبخار
شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بجدة

انجين محمد said...

شراء ثلاجات مستعملة بالرياض
شراء مكيفات مستعملة بالرياض
شراء اثاث مستعمل بجدة
اثاث مستعمل رخيص بالرياض
شراء الاثاث المستعمل بالرياض
شراء الاثاث المستعمل شرق الرياض
شراء الاثاث المستعمل غرب الرياض
محلات شراء الاثاث المستعمل بالرياض
حقين شراء الاثاث المستعمل بالرياض

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails